5 important european-level distinctions for Wind of Renewal, the cooperative which runs the WELCOMMON HOSTEL
We are very proud that our social cooperative enterprise ANEMOS ANANEOSIS / WIND OF RENEWAL has received 5 European-level distinctions for our innovation and contribution to the social economy.
- A bronze prize in the competition @REVESNetwork #ExcellenceAwards2019
Two years ago, we were awarded the Special Mention @REVESNetwork #ExcellenceAwards2017 for our #WELCOMMON project, which then involved the hosting and integration of vulnerable refugees.
We are very proud that our social cooperative enterprise ANEMOS ANANEOSIS / WIND OF RENEWAL received the 5th European-level distinction for our innovation and contribution to the social economy. This time, we received the bronze prize in the competition @REVESNetwork #ExcellenceAwards2019 for our active participation in 4 major projects that show (social and green) innovation, they have a social impact to the local community:
- WELCOMMON HOSTEL, an innovative hostel combining harmonious models of sustainable tourism with social and green economy and innovation, art and the environment. We created it with great effort, without subsidies and with the support of our friends. “We have transformed a former hospital into an innovative hostel that combines sustainable tourism with activities for climate protection and inclusion of migrants and local people in Athens”
- The “Days of WELCOMMON” Social Empowerment and Integration Program, which we created when our innovative WELCOMMON housing and refugee integration center closed sharply. We then decided to rely on our own strengths, and to make Hostel financially sustainable so that we can self-finance our social and green activities
- The YESClima program, to educate 11 young people on energy saving and application of natural air conditioning systems. An @EUKI_Climate program, in collaboration with the University of Cádiz at Spain, Secretariat for Future Studies of Free University of Berlin (Sekretariat für Zukunftsstudien Berlin an der Freien Universität Berlin), and the Provincial Energy Agency of Cadiz (APEC), Andalusia, in cooperation with the Municipality of Ag. Dimitriou
- The CLIMATE SCHOOLS Berlin – Athens program, involving 73 schools, 197 teachers and thousands of students, is focused on awareness-raising, education and mobilization to protect the climate and save energy in schools. It is an @EUKI_Climate project implemented in collaboration with the Independent Environmental Foundation (Berlin), Respect for Greece and the City of Athens
- European Citizen’s Prize 2018
It is a great honor for Anemos Ananeosis / Wind of Renewal to have been awarded the European Citizen’s Prize on 9th of October 2018, in the European Parliament
- A Special Mention” award of the REVES Excellence Award 2017
Anemos Ananeosis / Wind of Renewal and its project WELCOMMON center for housing and social inclusion of vulnerable refugees was honored on June 8, 2017 with the “Special Mention” award of the REVES Excellence Award 2017, which aims to strengthen synergies between local / regional authorities and social economy actors, and to highlight the achievements of such cooperation. The evaluation committee consisted of representatives of the European Economic and Social Committee, the European Parliament, the Regional Committee and Social Economy Europe.
The French Federation of Social Inclusion Enterprises invited ANEMOS ANANEOSIS / WIND OF RENEWAL to participate in it’s national Congress organized in November 16-17, in Marseille, and presented the WELCOMMON center for housing and social inclusion of refugees as a “good example of social inclusion in Euro-Med area”.
- One of the best examples of projects for refugees contributing to the dialogue between the cultures in the Euro-med area
We are awarded as one of the 3 best examples of projects for refugees contributing to the dialogue between the cultures in the Euro-med area (2017 Euro-Med Dialogue Award) by the Anna Lindh Foundation and the Fondazione Mediterraneo. The Bestowing Ceremony took place in Tallinn (16/12/2017) with the support of the Estonian Foreign Ministry.