11 important european-level distinctions for Wind of Renewal, the cooperative which runs the WELCOMMON HOSTEL
We are very proud that our social cooperative enterprise ANEMOS ANANEOSIS / WIND OF RENEWAL has received 11 International and European-level distinctions for innovation and contribution to the social economy, social innovation, social and green impact.
- European Citizen’s Prize 2018
It is a great honor for Anemos Ananeosis / Wind of Renewal to have been awarded the European Citizen’s Prize 2018 on 9th of October 2018, by the European Parliament. The European Citizen’s Prize recognizes initiatives that contribute to the promotion of EU values and fundamental rights, mutual understanding and closer integration between people in the EU, cross- border cooperation that builds a stronger European spirit.
– Welcommon Hostel was named as the most EXTRAORDINARY Hostel Hero
HOSTEL WORLD named in 2020 the WELCOMMON HOSTEL as one of the Hostel Heroes 2020, “a hostel that in the midst of the crisis is supporting the community coming together… building a better world!”.
– Welcommon Hostel was recognised as the most EXTRAORDINARY Hostel Hero 2021 by leading Online Travel Agent focused on the hostel market, Hostelworld. It was crowned most EXTRAORDINARY Hostel Hero by a panel of expert travel judges and more than 20,000 votes by hostel travelers all around the world.
– WELCOMMON HOSTEL was distinguished as the best social / intercultural action 2020-2021 in Greece during covid-19 – the competition was organized by the national network of “Anna Lindh Foundation“, the euro-med network for the intercultural dialogue.
– It was included in the short list of the finalists of the Central European Bank – CEB “social inclusion” award 2021,
– It was included in the short list (5 projects) of the HOSCARs “Extraordinary Sustainable Hostel” 2021
– It was selectd as one of the best 3 examples of projects for refugees contributing to the dialogue between the cultures in the Euro-med area (2017 Euro-Med Dialogue Award) by the Anna Lindh Foundation and the Fondazione Mediterraneo.
The French Federation of Social Inclusion Enterprises invited ANEMOS ANANEOSIS / WIND OF RENEWAL to participate in it’s national Congress organized in November 16-17, in Marseille, and presented the WELCOMMON center for housing and social inclusion of refugees as a “good example of social inclusion in Euro-Med area”.
– Best Of civil society initiatives of the Euro-Med Region
Welcommon Hostel was selected as one of the Best Of civil society initiatives of the Euro-Med Region and was presented during the “Long Night of Ideas” on 7/6/2021: how civil society in the Euro-Med was contributing to overcome challenges of our times
- In 2019 we were awarded a bronze prize in the competition @REVESNetwork #ExcellenceAwards2019
- A Special Mention” award of the REVES Excellence Award 2017
In 2017, Anemos Ananeosis / Wind of Renewal and its project WELCOMMON center for housing and social inclusion of vulnerable refugees was honored on June 8, 2017 with the “Special Mention” award of the REVES Excellence Award 2017, which aims to strengthen synergies between local / regional authorities and social economy actors, and to highlight the achievements of such cooperation. The evaluation committee consisted of representatives of the European Economic and Social Committee, the European Parliament, the Regional Committee and Social Economy Europe.
- One of the best examples of projects for refugees contributing to the dialogue between the cultures in the Euro-med area
We are awarded as one of the 3 best examples of projects for refugees contributing to the dialogue between the cultures in the Euro-med area (2017 Euro-Med Dialogue Award) by the Anna Lindh Foundation and the Fondazione Mediterraneo. The Bestowing Ceremony took place in Tallinn (16/12/2017) with the support of the Estonian Foreign Ministry.
- WELCOMMON HOSTEL, an innovative hostel combining harmonious models of sustainable tourism with social and green economy and innovation, art and the environment. We created it with great effort, without subsidies and with the support of our friends. “We have transformed a former hospital into an innovative hostel that combines sustainable tourism with activities for climate protection and inclusion of migrants and local people in Athens”
- The “Days of WELCOMMON” Social Empowerment and Integration Program, which we created when our innovative WELCOMMON housing and refugee integration center closed sharply. We then decided to rely on our own strengths, and to make Hostel financially sustainable so that we can self-finance our social and green activities
- The YESClima program, to educate 11 young people on energy saving and application of natural air conditioning systems. An @EUKI_Climate program, in collaboration with the University of Cádiz at Spain, Secretariat for Future Studies of Free University of Berlin (Sekretariat für Zukunftsstudien Berlin an der Freien Universität Berlin), and the Provincial Energy Agency of Cadiz (APEC), Andalusia, in cooperation with the Municipality of Ag. Dimitriou
- The CLIMATE SCHOOLS Berlin – Athens program, involving 73 schools, 197 teachers and thousands of students, is focused on awareness-raising, education and mobilization to protect the climate and save energy in schools. It was an @EUKI_Climate project implemented in collaboration with the Independent Environmental Foundation (Berlin), Respect for Greece and the City of Athens. It was named as one of the best projects on climate education and mobilization.