Social & green
Training for social, green and employment issues
The WELCOMMON HOSTEL has been refurbished into a modern facility, an innovative hostel with social impact. It is part of the LE MAT Network for the promotion of sustainable tourism: special people, places, values
WELCOMMON Hostel, an innovative hostel, a social experiment
Together tourists, visitors, volunteers, staff, refugees meeting, discussing, cooking, painting, language lessons, music, socializing
It is not just a hostel. Our guests are individuales and groups with interests and values.
We are part of the social and green change we want to see happen
Athens is a city in crisis but at the same time one can see a real change if one decides to be part of the social and ecological change. We have decided to be part of this social and green transition.
In the WELCOMMON Hostel we can introduce you to the world of Greece’s social economy and you can learn about its strengths and weaknesses. You can also contribute with your ideas and experience.
The WELCOMMON Hostel highlights the positive impact that cooperatives and social enterprises have on communities, revitalizing neighborhoods, making bridges between communities, social groups, newcomers and local people.
Anemos Ananeosis/Wind of Renewal has a strong commitment to building a better world through social and green innovation and the cooperative business model. We want to influence the direction of our society to become more sustainable and ecologically and socially fair.
Discover the other side of the city
Your stay in the WELCOMMON Hostel is also a chance for you to discover what is going on in the city. You could join initiatives working for the transformation of the city and its environmental protection, you could contact human rights groups or initiatives working with the unemployed, young people or for the inclusion of the refugees. There is an interesting, hidden side of the city, a real live and fresh city within the city; our community is ready to host you and work with you.
You help us boost the social impact of our project
Enjoy a comfortable stay in the real Athens while funding essential social programs for refugees and activities for environmental protection, energy transition and climate protection. WELCOMMON Hostel is also a center for social and green innovation and economy.
The first step is crucial: we want to be financially and socially sustainable, we try to improve our services, to make our hostel more convenient, friendly and live, more artistic and social. We need your support until we are financial sustainable and we can finance our social and green activities based on our resources. Be part of our – Fund raising campaign
https://gogetfunding.com/save-welcommon/ μέσω του χρήστη Gogetfunding
But the next step is also very important to us; we are committed to investing any profits in social and environmental improvements, in the transition to an energy-efficient and green economy, in creating a new center for the most vulnerable; we also aim to contribute to reducing the energy poverty of households, offering them know-how and support so that they can exit a difficult situation through social empowerment and energy efficiency.
We are a social cooperative, with financial and economic activity, with social and environmental impact. We don’t share profits to our members, we invest in social and environmental development
Social inclusion and job integration
Two floors of the WELCOMMON Hostel are used as an open center for social empowerment and inclusion. The aim is to create new employment opportunities for everyone in areas such as upcycling, ethnic cuisines, culture, green / cyclic economy, energy efficiency and others. Our societies must not accept generations being lost, we must not leave young persons, Greeks, migrants, refugees behind.
We offer classes (e.g. for language, painting, puppet show, music etc) with the support of volunteers to refugees, migrants, local people, tourists; we work for the empowerment and training of our guests and design interactive workshops for the professional training and promotion of the abilities and qualifications of refugees, especially the young persons, along with Greek nationals, in order to be able to find their way in our societies for the benefit of our societies.
As a visitor of Athens you could participate in an event or even present a topic to other guests or visitors in our WELCOMMON Hostel, in our meeting corners, in our “classrooms”, or during drinking a juice, a coffee or a herbal tea in our café or in our socializing bar and restaurant “In Common”. It is real!
Some of our social activities
- We have a good collaboration with many organisations and volunteers for social inclusion activities and climate, environmental awareness. We are pleased to continue with our volunteers to offer non-formal education, support for social inclusion, job integration, to provide language courses, art, music, painting, dance workshops for Greek locals, refugees, migrants but also for tourists hosted in our innovative WELCOMMON HOSTEL. We are very happy that since September 2016, Anemos Ananeosis / Wind of Renewal – social cooperative- has cooperated with more than 250 volunteers for social and cultural activities.
- Accomodation of Erasmus+ and university groups, study visits, cooperation with social, cultural and environmental organisations
- Language lessons: At Welcommon Hostel we also teach. Learning Greek, English, German, Chinese, Arabic, Turkish, with the participation of volunteers… It is one of the best way to help all the citizens, volunteers, locals, tourists, refugee children, teenagers and adults settle in to their new country, establishing relationships with locals and feeling more like at home, respecting the others, collaborate and co-exist with the others.
- Visits to parcs, museums etc
We really like to help our guests to discover the creative side of the city, Many like to visit museuns, parcs, youth centers, as well as Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center. There are also guests they would like to see the city by bicycle or walking around. We are here to help them.
- We say goodbye to and thanks to some of our volunteers through our cooperation with the German citizens’ initiative, “Respect for Greece” who will return to Germany in the coming days. We also welcome our – ten – new volunteers
- 5 EVS volunteers (European Voluntary Service) from Spain work together with us for some months together with volunteers from other countries (Palaistine, USA, Germany)
WELCOMMON Hostel by Anemos Ananeosis / Wind of Renewal. Social Cooperatives
Special place, people, values
Sustainable tourism, social inclusion, art, creativity, social innovation
In #Athens #Greece